Tuesday 7 August 2018

Time just ticks!



When I was a kid, an year consisted of 365 days. Now, my son is a kid and an year still consists of 365 days. When my kid has a kid, an year will still probably have 365 days. A beggar’s year has 365 days, a magnate’s year has 365 days; a man’s year has 365 days and a woman’s year also has 365 days. It’s just that the time ticks.

Imagine 30 years down the line.. say it’s 07-August-2048. What would I be like? A little old, a little stooped, a little tired, a little jaded !! Well, Hell No !! It has to be rocking. Rewind 30 years back .. say it’s 07-August-1988. Would I have taken the life I am living today on that day? Well, hell, I was just a kid. I wouldn’t be thinking 30 years later on that day.

Today, I think of 30 years down the line. Do I have a retirement plan, do I have a term insurance, do I have a medical insurance, do I have a child education plan, playing with my grand children? Pretty much sums up what I will be 30 years later. Not that interesting, is it?

30 years down the line, when I get up in the morning, I look forward to a cold morning, sipping a hot cup of tea and thinking to myself, what should I do today – design an operating system? Hmm.. may be.. definitely, better than feeling jaded!

There is just one catch … I have to wait for 30 years for that day to arrive. It’s probably wiser to do that today.

Time just ticks!! I live every day, probably not doing enough of what I would love to do. Do what you love to do - right here, right now. You might never see the sun shine in the morning 30 years later !!

1 comment:

  1. Well Said ! I remembered the Spinning Wheel at the start of the Epic Mahabharat serial Main Samay Hoon...Enjoy Life A Moment At a time !

    ReplyDelete