Monday 19 November 2018

Three Innings : Do you look forward to the sunrise?

I think I can roughly divide a day in three innings – the start of the day, the day, the end of the day. And the cycle repeats all over again. The question is ‘Do you look forward to the sunrise?’. Honestly, I don’t. I get up, get ready for the work, work throughout the day and spend the rest of the evening at home doing yoga and some family time. But, do I look forward to any part of the day – Well, I guess ‘It’s a No’. Making it very clear - I enjoy it, definitely do; but I don’t look forward to it, I never have. I have never and I don’t yearn yet to look at the sunrise.

Taking the analogy a step forward – our life can be divided in three innings : readying yourself for the job, the mid-life of doing the job and the final post-job innings. And the same question - do I look forward to any particular inning? Well, I guess ‘It’s a No’. Making it very clear – I enjoy it, I definitely do; but I don’t look forward to it, I never have. It’s time to look forward to the sunrise, the day, the sunset and the night.

I am probably at noon of my life and what will it mean to look forward to the next inning? I am deeply thinking about retirement planning – makes me feel as if my third inning is more of an unwinding part of the day and this doesn’t make me look forward to it. What would make me look forward to the post noon, the sunset, the evening, the night and to the very enthralling and ensuing, next sunrise. A sunrise should not start in the bedroom, the noon in the stress, the sunset in your car and there shouldn’t be a tired evening and definitely not, should be a disturbed night. The irony is ‘how do we look forward to sunrise?’ is not a difficult one to answer but it just doesn’t get asked and subsequently, is probably not going to be answered.

         The energy in your life is what will make you tick. It takes a lot to live life positively, to create positive experiences and simply, being positive is a whole different ball game. Welcoming sunrise is the next step, but if so less people are able to do it, then hopefully it doesn’t turn out to be difficult than anticipated !

No comments:

Post a Comment