Saturday 9 June 2018

Being a NICEr


“It’s different” – The tag line of “Maggi sauce” advertisement series which 
ran for years and it also pretty much summates the feeling of being in NICE,
being a NICEr.

Our life is sum equivalent of the experiences and memories we create over our life-time – the good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly and ‘the different’. Just like we are living on same planet and having different life experiences, I believe each NICEr will have their individual story line. In this article, I am representing my perspective of being a NICEr.

“Time is as priceless as good friends” and you get quite rich in terms of it in Nice. You have the liberty to feel happy to spend it with yourself, your family, your friends and work towards cultivating a high quality of life. We do not have a time machine and hence do not have the capability to go back in time. Knowing this, I think time is the best gift I have from NICE, which I spend seeing my baby growing up every evening.

“Opportunities are rare and growth is fun” and that makes me privileged to have had “rare fun” at NICE. I was once listening to a leader and he mentioned - “Leadership is not given, it has to be taken”. I believe the same goes with “opportunities”. It is nice to be in NICE, which is creating opportunities for itself and in the same breath, growing itself, multiple steps at a time.

“Friends help” and it has been quite special to have forged so many bonds of “friendships” with people around. I have learnt many many things here, from people – talking to them, fighting with them, challenging them, getting challenged by them, even just by observing them. It’s “more the merrier” when it comes to friends and it has been quite exciting to make so many friends at NICE.

“One day to remember all life” – It is this one day that NICE gave me which is unforgettable and un”thank”able. As a gift to employees for a good company performance, NICE had sponsored each employee a day with family or friends. We decided to spend an independence day with my father, being a military man, hoisting the flag. It was my first instance witnessing him hoisting the flag and it also proved to be his last time doing the flag hoisting. NICE gifted me my father’s last Independence Day on earth.

“If it sounds too good to be true, it’s probably farce” – Of-course, it has not been 
picture perfect and there have been equal share of challenges. It’s probably in our 
hands whether we enjoy looking at a rose or count its thorns.

NICE has been nice and it’s a different, special experience turning up every day, 
working it out, signing off at the end of day and in the process, experiencing the 
magic of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment