Saturday 9 June 2018

Dream... Why not, but how?


“The more I experience the world, the more I understand and know it, the lesser I tend to dream”. As a child, I dreamt of buying a TVS bike… it got fulfilled. As a school boy, I dreamt of becoming an engineer or a doctor or an army man… it got fulfilled. As a college student, I dreamt of a good job, owning a house, travelling across the globe… it got fulfilled. As a young professional, I dreamt of creating something unique, being the best, making an impact on the world… it has not been fulfilled, not yet.

Now, all of a sudden, I find myself little more mature, understanding the world better and knowing how it operates. And, yes, I find myself not dreaming, not any more. I find myself focusing more on the necessities of life – making the life easier, secure and better. The dreams have dried up, they have evaporated. Yes, they have vanished.

I had read a quote in a book – “Start with doing what is necessary, then what is possible and then, you might find yourself suddenly doing the impossible”. A lifecycle of a plant starts with sowing a seed, watering it, manuring it, ensuring sufficient sunlight, protecting it and then comes the time, to reap the fruits. The seeds are sown, every one of us have had dreams – however, have we been able to do the rest, give it water, give it manure, give it sunlight – the answer is probably ‘No, I couldn’t’.

The seed is lost, somewhere in the smallest corner, somewhere in the darkest corner, in the closet of the mind. It is lost somewhere, probably died its natural death. However, there is some possibility that is not dead yet. It might have some life, it might be weak but not dead, not yet. Dreams are those tiny thoughts, those tiny wishes, those tiny desires, which are capable of driving you to the most amazing, the most beautiful and the most wonderful of destinations. They have the potential to create magic in the world around you. We just need to have faith in ourselves and believe in our dreams.

Humans have traversed the path from being cave-men to reaching the various, very distant planets. Being a human is a special privilege; it qualifies me as a member of a specie, which has surpassed all the hurdles and achieved all the impossible.

I have heard “Dreams do come true”. I am ready to believe “They really do”. I just need to go a step forward - “Start believing in dreams and start dreaming again”.

No comments:

Post a Comment